Radloff Family
HomeBiographiesBlogPhotosLinksStoriesGenealogyMemorialFade

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tagged

I've been tagged. Oh, the joy of having friends!

The rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Okay... I'm a sucker for these things. Oh wait! I can use that!

1. I'm a sucker for these things. I don't know if I have an unmet need to parade the innermost parts of myself in front of the world, or if I'm just too polite to decline the request, but I always play these reindeer games. And I usually enjoy it.

2. I enjoy letting my hair down while it air-dries. My beloved wife Dagmar alvays tells me, "Don't do dat -- it makes you look like a vildman!" I guess at my advanced and increasingly creaky age I sorta like looking like a wildman... And it gives me a headstart on my impending cootdom.

3. Every day I wash my nose out with a saline solution (1 cup warm water, 1/8 tsp. baking soda or baking powder or whatever it is in that yellow box, and 1/8 tsp. salt). Whatcha do is get yourself a turkey-baster thingy, stand over the sink, crank your noggin around as much as you can, and squirt water into one nostril until it starts coming out the other. Then you just kinda irrigate for a while. Tip your head the other way and do it with the other nose-hole. You'd be ASTOUNDED how much goop gets washed out, and how much crud you get when you blow your beak afterwards. I haven't had a head cold since I started doing this.

4. I've found that I have horrible stage fright UNLESS I'm in control of the stage. When I was an officer in the American Legion Riders I had to give a little officer report at every meeting, and it scared the bejeezuz outta me. I'd sit there and wait my turn, rehearsing the words over and over in my mind, until finally it was my time to give my report -- and I'd freeze. Invariably. But now that I'm the President and I run the meetings, I'm fine. I don't know if it's a control issue, or if I finally realized that when I'm at an ALR meeting I'm surrounded by some of the best friends I'll ever have, and why be nervous in front of your friends?

5. I will trim my fingernails any time and any place the whimsy strikes me. I always have to be reminded that it's rude. I don't want to be rude, mind you, but I have a gift for it...

6. Lately I've spent so much time on FaceBook that not much else is getting done...

I'm not really gonna tag anyone (I hate to force people to do things) but I'd like to see Soul Pump, Veggie Killer, and maybe Dad Andersen's answers if they wanna play along... (Dad A. has often railed against the silliness of posting things about yourself in public places, so it'll be interesting to see if he plays along.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I tell my kids not to post personal things, I yell at my wife for doing so, then "25 random things" comes around, and suddenly I'm addicted to these things! I'm such a hypocrite. Sure, I'll play.

12:41 PM  
Blogger SkylersDad said...

I have terrible sinuses, and you have inspired me to try the nasel irrigation thingy.

And... impending cootdom is an expression that I will now try to work into every conversation I have with other people, thanks!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I've tried the irrigation and I think the only thing flushed out was what's left of my brain. I don't have a problem with you clipping your nails in public as long as you do the nose thing too. Thanks for playing along Chris you vildman you!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started doing the irrigation thing a few months back when I got a bad sinus infection. It made most of my allergies go away (at least as far as them affecting my sinuses, anyway).

I did my thing. Told you I would, so I did. It tried to come up with as many non-personal personal things as I could.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey Chris...will respond to your sort-of-tag soon...blew out the ol' back and can't sit at the computer for more than a minute or three...
...i shall return...

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah screw it, I'll play along. I have nothing else to write about lately so memes keep me busy!

I also let my hair air dry - mainly because I'm lazy and have a million things I'd rather be doing than drying it with a hairdryer. I too look like a wildman. Which is worse for me because I'm a girl.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Copyright 2001-2010 | Designed by Chris @ HippieBoy Design | Contact Chris | Contact Dagmar