Radloff Family
HomeBiographiesBlogPhotosLinksStoriesGenealogyMemorialFade

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Aw, shoot.

This sucks

Nearly broke. Anyone out there have any work for me? I'm trying not to panic...


This sucks too

The Packers lost. Again. No matter what the outcome of the Vikings-Bears game tonight, the Pack is guaranteed to be in third place in the NFC North. Oh well, at least I'm not a Lions fan. They must really be hurting again this season.


This didn't suck

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Spent Turkey Day at Dagmar's mother's house -- a wonderful meal indeed! I have to admit, stereotypes were met last Thursday. After the meal it took me about twelve seconds to fall asleep in front of the TV while Dagmar and her mama did the dishes... I felt kinda bad about that. Not bad enough to get up and help, mind you, but I did feel at least a little bad.

Saturday we went to the family farm. Zoey-dog got to run free, a little. (A herd of deer walked past the window while the dog was inside. She about went nuts, running from one window to the next, watching the deer, barking her fool head off... After that we didn't let her off her leash for very long -- if she were to see a deer or squirrel or something it'd be a merry chase indeed for us to find our pooch.) The family was there, no bloodshed, lots of laughs. Another fantastic meal!

Saturday evening we went to the Legion Club in town where they were having a steak fry, then a fundraiser to raise funds to help buy clothing for veterans in need. Dagmar and I discovered that we are, indeed, old enough to play Bingo now. We're young enough to feel a little silly about it, but we played Bingo nonetheless. We didn't win anything, but it was for a good cause... (If I'm gonna be a loser, at least I wanna be a loser with a cause, I guess.) It was fun to see our friends!

We have a lot to be thankful for. If it weren't for financial woes I'd be giddy with glee -- I have a good family, a vunderful vife, a cat who sleeps on my feet, a dog who knows how to be happy, I'm not bound to a timeclock by a scowly boss, my friends seem genuinely happy to see me (most of the time), I'm learning new skills.

6 Comments:

Blogger paperback reader said...

I can't wait until I'm old enough for bingo. Those folks always seem to have the most fun in the world, though I've always assumed it's because they can't do anything else anymore.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

If you ever want to hear a nice old lady yell a very bad word in public, just get another nice old lady to yell "Bingo."

8:12 PM  
Blogger SkylersDad said...

Wish I knew anybody who needed to hire you, but I keep my eyes peeled!

My sister and brother in law repair machines that spit the balls out at a number of different bingo halls around the metro area.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I'll give you 100 bucks if you take the word THE out of THE Passion of the Dale on your links list. :-)

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Chris, the next time you play bingo, if you're lucky enough to have a winning card, shout out "OGNIB!!" then tell 'em your dyslexic...then you'll have nice old ladies calling you a smart-assed young whippersnapper...

hoping that the new year will bring you piles of new work...

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun - I was in the car all day Thanksgiving. Fabulous. :) Fingers crossed for work for you.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Copyright 2001-2010 | Designed by Chris @ HippieBoy Design | Contact Chris | Contact Dagmar