Radloff Family
HomeBiographiesBlogPhotosLinksStoriesGenealogyMemorialFade

Monday, July 24, 2006

Eeeesh...

Well, THAT didn't work...

The gig last weekend was a complete bust. Complete meltdown before we even got on stage. I'm thinking seriously about giving the whole music thing up - it's just not worth my time and energy any more. I get all pumped up about a project, only to have it blow up or fizzle out every time - it's got me pretty much worn out.

I didn't sell any photos on eBay. The car had a dead battery this morning. I wish I could make money by writing... Ah well...

I'm having a low point, I guess. (I looked at my wife at one point this weekend and said, "I can't smoke cigarettes any more since I quit, but I'm having terrible cravings. I want to go home and eat some lard. I need to eat something bad for me. Maybe that will make me feel better.")


Politically Speaking...

What in God's name are we doing? Or, to put it another way, what are we doing in God's name? Do you think THIS is what Jesus would do? Under the Bush administration we've done some terrible things.

We were attacked by terrorists. On the wave of public outrage over the attack, the Bush administration foisted a manufactured war on us that has little or nothing to do with the 9-11 attack. I don't know what the numbers are, but I've heard Mr. Bush himself say on TV that he'd guess around 30,000 Iraqis have died so far (and that was a year or two ago). Saddam Hussein was an atrocious leader and needed to be replaced (preferably twenty years ago), but did we need to kill 30,000+ people to do it? Is God happy? Is this what Jesus wanted?

At the same time, the Bush administration is blocking legislation that would allow the use of discarded zygotes to be used for research, because every life is sacred under their doctrine. Never mind the fact that these zygotes have already been discarded, hundreds of thousands of people could benefit from this research, and that 30,000+ (sacred?) people are dead due to a war that may well be unnecessary.

This boggles my little brain. I dislike hypocrisy.

I'm still in a foul mood. I think I'd better quit opining for the day. In any case, I do hope everyone out there in Bloggerville had a good weekend and is having a tolerable Monday! Have a happy day - I'll be back when I'm fit for polite company again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Copyright 2001-2010 | Designed by Chris @ HippieBoy Design | Contact Chris | Contact Dagmar